Saturday, November 7, 2009

BP11_20091108_Web 2.0 tool Animoto

Animoto

Presentation created by © Roxanne Santiago

Animoto is a web 2.0 tool that automatically generates professionally produced videos with motion design. The videos that are created are unique each time. No two videos are alike. The user selects what photos, videos and soundtrack they want to use and Animoto does the rest.

This web application can be useful for back-to-school nights. I can have each computer in my art room display different works of art for each grade level so parents can see what their child will be creating in that grade level. I can also use this presentation for individual student portfolios. Students can take photos or scan in their artwork to create their own Animoto presentation to share with family and friends at the end of the year. Examples of art work can be shared with other art teachers in the district or posted on my blog to share with others around the world. I can even take video clips of students creating their works of art and import it along with the photos to make a more appealing video piece.

Once your video has been created, there are more options available. You can re-edit your video to get a totally different effect by a click of a button, download it, or send it as a greeting card or receive the embedded code to place the video on a blog, site, or social network.

When you sign-up for a free account, you have access to Animoto Shorts. These videos are 30-seconds in length. You have unlimited access to produce, remix, and share as many videos as you'd like. With full-length videos you can do the same but this allows the videos to be as long as a whole song and are downloadable.

Right now Animoto is offering all educators a classroom code for an All-Access pass for producing videos for assignments and presentations at your school. Here is the website to sign-up, http://animoto.com/education/getting_started

2 comments:

  1. Hello Roxy-I was curious to see this site based on your blog, so I had a visit. I agree it is a nice tool to have access to but I was a little disappointed that it was not a free site.

    True you are allowed some access at no charge but it seems to be just a teaser. I want more but I am being a little budget conscience these days and really like free sites.

    I have created a mini-video and love how you can create from their choices or from your own video. I love too the music add on option-a great effect. I am sold on the sight.

    I will continue to lay and learn ways I can use this site in my lessons. I know my students will enjoy creating with this site also. Thanks or the information again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try the link for educators?? All-Access pass for producing videos for assignments and presentations at your school.

    ReplyDelete