Tuesday, November 10, 2009

BP14_20091115_Response to Lynne Koles


BP15_2009103_The Incredible Art Department

art education, reources, games

With a name like this, one does not know what to expect. I thought of the Hulk, (lol) but have come to use this resource for many things. Princeton University continues to update and enlarge this site that I have used for years. My favorite aspect of the site is that is is kept updated and always has new things. It has become my go-to place for the latest art gadgets. Like the Getty, it is well-funded and thus reliable.
The screen shot makes it clear just how many different aspects of teaching art are facilitated by this site, since each word surrounding Mona Lisa is a link. From blogs to suppliers; from lessons to games and activities; from links to association resources for advocacy, this site has it all. When I am in need of some lesson resources, it is always my first stop, and often the only one. For inspiration or even for sub plans, this is site is the best one I know. Check it out for yourself.


roxy said...

I agree, this site has been a site that I have visited many times before in the past but I did not find as much information as there is posted now. The resources, games, blogs, and lessons for all grade levels are extremely helpful. Glad I went back and revisited the site! There is a ton of web 2.0 tools available on this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment